Saturday, April 3, 2010

Harry Rosen

Today was Harry Rosen's 8km Spring Run Off in High Park. It's become a bit of a family tradition around these parts. And a bit of a competition between Jeff and I. I start giving him a hard time around the beginning of March and he starts premptively thinking of excuses why I'm going to kick his butt.

This year the weather was absolutely beautiful. Normally we all stand around for an hour or so before hand jumping up and down to keep warm. This year we were all sweating our butts off only a km into the race. As always it was crowded, a sea of lime green shirts speckled with the odd running dressed to the nines for the most well dressed award.

Over all it was a great race for me. The finish is always a killer, a huge crank uphill with only 400 meters to go. So I set myself a goal of running 6 minute kms all the way to 7.5km. Which I did. Then promptly felt like I'd be punched in the stomach. In the end, I finished a mere 45 seconds behind Jeff!

With this beautiful weather there was no better to enjoy it then a nice walk home, a Cherry Bomb coffee and a pint on a patio!




Stella waiting for a cherry bomb



Way to go Dad!



Stella thinks she worked hard enough to earn a medal!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations everyone! Does Stella get to go back to cherry bomb for her birthday cookie today?

    ReplyDelete