Friday, January 29, 2010

Things I've learned....


Motherhood has a steep learning curve. Along the way, not only have I learned many things about Stella and taking care of her, but I've also learned a lot about myself. Being a nurse, it seemed that taking care of an infant would be just an extension of my work experience, but there's so much more to know in daily life. But about myself...
1. I enjoy routine. Basically I like check boxes and structure to my day. All of these things are part of my working life. However, all of that goes out the window now. Which leads to number 2
2. I'm learning to slow down. The pace here at home is much slower than out in the rest of the world. I do enjoy that though! If we get one thing done it's a productive day. Today we went to Mommy group and bought milk. What a full day!
3. I'm learning patience, it's ok to take it slow everyday!

So just a few shots of us chilling out.

No comments:

Post a Comment